§ 1 – Information on the collection of personal data
(1) This text provides information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. “Personal data” means any information that can relate to you personally, such as your name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behavior.
(2) The controllers within the meaning of Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are Dirk Kunz, Phil Penninger, Michael Zulauf: managing directors, with representation authorization, of ASSMANN Electronic GmbH, Auf dem Schüffel 3, 58513 Lüdenscheid, Germany, email@example.com.
You can reach our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our mailing address, adding “Der Datenschutzbeauftragte”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we store the information you communicate (your e-mail address and, where applicable, your name) in order to answer your questions. Providing further information is voluntary. This merely makes it easier for us to contact you to respond to your inquiry. We erase the data collected in this context once storage thereof is no longer necessary or restrict the processing thereof if there are statutory obligations of storage.
(4) If we utilize service providers who have been commissioned for individual functions of our site or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below regarding the relevant processes. We will also indicate the stipulated criteria that apply to the duration of storage.
§ 2 – Your rights
(1) You have the following rights toward us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
§ 3 – Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When you use the website for merely informational purposes, meaning if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are necessary for us in technical terms in order to display our website to you and ensure the stability and security thereof (the legal basis is Article 6(1), first sentence, point (f), GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of query
- Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and interface
- Language and browser software version
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you use, and that provide certain information to the body that places the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and effective on the whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. Session cookies store what is called a session ID, which can be used to identify different queries sent by your browser as belonging to the same session. This allows us to recognize your computer if you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified amount of time, which may vary by cookie. You can use your browser’s security settings to delete cookies at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences, including doing things like accepting third-party cookies or rejecting all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all of the features of this website.
f) Apart from the cookies which we require for operating the website and providing our services, we would also like to collect additional data in order to improve the options for using our website and to show you content that matches your needs. To do so, your consent is required. Of course, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
The methods involved and how they work are defined in the relevant sections of this policy.
§ 4 – SSL or TLS encryption
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or inquiries that you send to us as a website operator, this website uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the address line of your browser changing from “http://“ to “https://” as well as the lock symbol in your browser line.
If the SSL or TLS encryption is active, data that you transfer to us cannot be read by third parties.
§ 5 – Additional functions and features of our website
(1) In addition to purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you are typically required to provide further personal data, which we will use to perform the service in question and to which the principles of data processing mentioned above apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. We have selected these service providers carefully and have commissioned them for this purpose. They are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) We may also disclose your personal data to third parties when we offer participation in campaigns, contests, entry into contracts, or similar services jointly with partners. Further information on this is provided when you provide your personal data or at the bottom of the description of the service being offered.
(4) To the extent that our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the service being offered.
§ 6 – Objection or withdrawal concerning the processing of your data
(1) If you have granted consent to the processing of your data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. This withdrawal only influences the admissibility of processing concerning your personal data that is carried out after you have informed us that you are withdrawing consent.
(2) Insofar as we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, you can object to this processing. This is the case in particular if processing is not required for the performance of a contract with you, which we indicate in each case for the following description of functions. When making such objections, we ask you to state the reasons why we should not continue to process your personal data as before. If your objection is justified, we will review the factual circumstances and either cease or adapt the data processing or indicate our compelling legitimate reasons for continuing processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your objection to advertising by contacting us using the following contact details:
ASSMANN Electronic GmbH
Auf dem Schüffel 3
Tel.: +49 2351 554 0
Fax: +49 2351 554 99 865
§ 7 – Use of our Web shop
(1) If you wish to place an order in our Web shop, it is necessary for you to provide your personal data, which we need to process your order, in order to enter into a contract. Required information that is necessary for processing orders is marked separately; additional information is voluntary. We will process the information you provide in order to process your order. To this end, we may disclose your payment information to our bank. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1), first sentence, point (b) GDPR.
We can also process the data you provide in order to inform you of other interesting products from our portfolio or send you e-mails containing technical information.
(2) Due to provisions of commercial and tax law, we are obligated to store your address, payment and order information for a period of ten years. Nevertheless, we restrict processing after [two years], which means that your data will only be used in compliance with the statutory obligations.
(3) To prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, especially financial data, the ordering process is encrypted via TLS technology.
§ 8 – Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you of our current interesting offerings. The goods and services advertised are mentioned in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the “double opt-in” procedure for those registering to receive our newsletter. This means that after you register, we send an e-mail to the e-mail address you have indicated, asking you to confirm that you want to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 48 hours, your information is blocked and automatically erased one month later. We also store the IP addresses you have used and the times of your registration and confirmation in each case. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove that you have registered and clear up any possible abuse of your personal data.
(3) The only information that you are required to provide in order to receive the newsletter is your e-mail address. Providing further, specially marked information is voluntary. This information is used to allow us to address you personally. After you confirm, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1) , first sentence, point (a) GDPR.
(4) You can withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter and unsubscribe at any time. You can withdraw your consent by clicking the link, provided in each newsletter e-mail, reading "Unsubscribe" which can also be reached here or via our contact form (https://www.assmann.com/en/contact/contact-form/) or by sending a message to the contact information stated in the imprint.
(5) Newsletter2Go is used as newsletter software. Your data will be transmitted to Newsletter2Go GmbH. Newsletter2Go is forbidden to sell your data and to use it for other purposes than the dispatch of newsletters. Newsletter2Go is a German, certified provider, which was selected after the requirements of the data security basic regulation and the Federal Law for Data Protection. Further information can be found here: https://www.newsletter2go.com/information-for-newsletter-recipients/. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. a lit.a) DS-GVO, as you have given us your consent. You can revoke your consent to the storage of data, e-mail address and their use to send the newsletter at any time, for example via the "Unsubscribe" link in the newsletter (Sec. 7, Par. 4).
For this reason, we ask you to inform yourself about our data protection measures at regular intervals by inspecting our data protection declaration. Unsubscribed recipients of newsletters are automatically deleted from the Newsletter2go system within 7 days.
§ 9 – Transfer to third states
We hereby inform you that your data may be processed in the USA. This applies both for the Google services we use as well as other services we use, for instance LinkedIn or Facebook.Connect. Although Google has outsourced a number of its services (Analytics, Webfonts, Maps) to European servers, it cannot be ruled out that American authorities may access your data due to American legislation without providing you sufficient opportunities of legal protection against this access. For this reason, we ask for your consent before activating these services or storing the relevant cookies. If you do not want this, you can refuse to grant consent in this regard. In that case, only technically necessary cookies will be stored; the services in question will not be activated.
§ 10 – Online marketing
We also process personal data for the purpose of online marketing with the services described below. We use these services in order to improve the user-friendliness of our website and to make our website easier to find.
Our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 I (1)(f) GDPR is also relevant as a legal basis. Accordingly, it is in our financial and economic interest to make the website more appealing for our user base and to improve the searchability of our website.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a Web analytics service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files that are stored on your computer and enable analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the United States, where it is stored. In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will, however, shorten your IP address within member states of the European Union or in other states that are signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA) beforehand. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyze your use of the website, compile reports on activity on the website, and perform further services for the website operator associated with the use of the website and Internet use.
The cookie stored by Google will be stored for 26 months and then erased.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being saved by adjusting the settings of your browser software accordingly; we do, however, point out that in this case, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website in full. You can also prevent the information generated by the cookie with regard to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being collected and provided to Google and from being processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the addition “_anonymizeIp().” This truncates IP addresses before they are processed further, so there is no possibility of identifying individuals. To the extent that you are personally identifiable based on the data collected regarding you, this kind of identification is immediately ruled out and the personal data are thus erased right away.
You can also prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking the link below. This will place an opt-out cookie on your computer that prevents your data from being collected when you visit this website in the future:
(5) We use Google Analytics in order to analyze the use of our website and make regular improvements. The statistics gained allow us to improve our products and services and make them more interesting to you as a user. For the isolated cases in which personal data are transferred to the United States, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework). The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1), first sentence, point (f) GDPR.